ALPHA MINISTRIES STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe and accept the entire Bible composed of 66 Books of Old and New Testament as the infallible Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit; the only and perfect order of our faith and manner of living; to which nothing can be added or taken away, which is the power of God unto salvation to believers (2 Peter 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Romans 1:16).
- We believe there is only one living and true God, eternal, with unlimited power, Creator of all things; and in the one God are three distinct persons: Father, Son and the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:6; Matthew 28:19; I John 5:7).
- We believe that the Son of God is the Word, made flesh, He who assumed the human body through the Virgin Mary, and so became true God and true man. Two natures in one person, the divine and the human; and therefore is the only Savior, who in reality suffered death, not only for the primitive transgression, but also for the actual sins of man (John 1:14; Luke 1:27-35; 1 Peter 3:18).
- We believe that man is created in the image of God and that he sinned and thereby incurred spiritual death (Genesis 1:26; Romans 5:17-21).
- We believe in the Gospel ordinance of water baptism by single immersion, and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism is the immersion of a believer in water, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, testifying that person’s conversion to Christ. It depicts the death and resurrection of Christ, and the believer’s own death to sin and resurrection to newness of life. We believe Lord’s Supper should be shared freely with believers, as commemoration of the Lord’s death until He comes (Matthew 3:13-17; 28:18-19; 1 Corinthians 11:23-32).
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit and that his ministry is to reveal Christ to men in the regeneration and sanctification of their souls (John 16:8; Acts 5:3-4; 1 Corinthians 12:13).
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39; 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15).